The department has two study directors for undergraduate education, Annelie Carlsbecker with special responsibility for pedagogic development and Lage Cerenius with special responsibility for teaching planning, as well as one study director for third cycle education, Carina Schlebusch. Head of administration is Karin Lundberg.
The departments's activities are organized into six research programs and two SciLife facilities. Each program is headed by a program professor.
- Evolution and Developmental Biology, program professor Per Ahlberg
- Physiological Botany, program professor Peter Engström
- Comparative Physiology, program professor Åsa Mackenzie
- Environmental Toxicology, program professor Joëlle Rüegg
- Human Evolution, program professor Mattias Jakobsson
- Systematic Biology, program manager Hanna Johannesson
- Genome engineering zebrafish, director Johan Ledin
- Ancient DNA facility, director Magnus Lundgren
For the day-to-day management there is a working group consisting of the head of department, deputy head of department and administrative manager.