The department has two study directors for undergraduate education, Petra Korall with special responsibility for pedagogic development and Lage Cerenius with special responsibility for teaching planning, as well as one study director for third cycle education, Johan Ledin.
The department's administration has the following organization:
- Karin Lundberg - Head of Administration
- Kevok Bozarslan - Finance Administrator
- Sandra Gustafsson - Human Resources Administrator
- Iva Pristof - Administrator and Principal Registrar
The departments's activities are organized into six research programs and two SciLife facilities. Each program is headed by a program professor.
- Evolution and Developmental Biology, program professor Per Ahlberg
- Physiological Botany, program professor Peter Engström
- Comparative Physiology, program professor Åsa Mackenzie
- Environmental Toxicology, program professor Björn Brunström
- Human Evolution, program professor Mattias Jakobsson
- Systematic Biology, program manager Hanna Johannesson
- Genome engineering zebrafish, director Johan Ledin
- Ancient DNA facility, director Magnus Lundgren
For the day-to-day management there is a working group consisting of the head of department, deputy head of department and administrative manager.
The members of the department Board are elected for three years and the meetings of the Board are recorded in the minutes and can be found on the employee portal.
DEPARTMENT BOARD 2019
- Chairman: Irene Söderhäll (personal alternate Johan Ledin)
- Teachers / Researchers: Per Ahlberg, Annelie Carlsbecker, Petra Korall, Åsa Mackenzie. Deputies: Martin Ryberg, Cecilia Berg, Tatjana Haitina, Björn Brunström.
- Technical-administrative staff: Daniel Snitting, Deputy Marie Englund
- Doctoral student Representatives: Gwenna Breton, Emmanouil Tsakoumis, Bianca Vlcek. Deputies: Mohamad Bazzi, Anneli Svanholm, Anders Alfjorden
- Adjunct to the Board: A Representative of the Study Directors and a representative of the Security Officer: Nahid Heidari.
See Contact Details for Address Information, Directions, and Name, Email Address, and Phone Number of Key Features and Other Personnel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE
The working environment committee consists of representatives from every personell category, and the safety officers. The working environment committee supports the chairman in matter related to the working environment and handles issues related to the working environment, updates and distributes information, writes procedures for systematic working environment work, makes suggestions for action plans, guidelines and policies and follows up on decisions and actions. Members of the Work Environment Committee 2019 are: Fabien Burki, Hanna Edlund, Caesar al jevari, Nahid Heidari, Tiffany Klingström, Rita Stierna, Daniel Snitting och Irene Söderhäll.