About the facility
The Zebrafish facility provides an infrastructure and individually tailored support for projects utilizing this popular model system for vertebrate development and disease.
Zebrafish embryos are transparent and develop outside the mother’s body, which greatly facilitates manipulation and imaging of biological processes. The facility allows researchers to take advantage of the unique features of the zebrafish model system, and provides initial advice on feasibility and experimental design as well as running support over the course of the project.
- Fish facility, including tank systems, fish lines, workstations, incubators and injectors
- Large scale robotic expression analysis Intavis InsituPro Vsi
- Microscopy: Variety of microscopy equipment including bright field, fluorescent microscopes and VAST (Vertebrate Automated Screening Technology) BioImager Platform with Large Particle Sampler allowing for sampling and re-dispensing of zebrafish larvae.
“I have worked closely with the zebrafish facility in Uppsala and GEZ since 2012 and have gotten excellent support in a various projects, including the construction of novel zebrafish lines.”
- PI, University of Gothenburg, Inst. for Neuroscience and Physiology
“From my experience GEZ facility is excellent in generating new genetic models, developing their offer to the user needs and expanding their expertise to unsure the users can perform world-standard research.”
- PI, Uppsala University, IGP
“The service provided by the facility is essential to our work. The expertise the facility provides is unique in Sweden and has had a wider positive impact allowing many labs to have access to advanced techniques that no single lab can build alone”
- PI, Karolinska Institute, Department of Neuroscience