Services and Methods
The Genome Engineering Zebrafish facility offers a wide range of services:
- CRISPR/Cas9 induced loss of function zebrafish line generation.
- Development and analysis of CRISPR/Cas9 induced disease models.
- Automated high through-put fluorescent imaging combined with large scale analysis of the imaging data (collaboration with BioImage Informatics)
- Novel transgenic zebrafish lines production.
- Mutant genotyping.
- Cancer modeling (method development).
- Small molecule exposure.
- Project planning/management.
- Seminars, workshops and education.
- Techniques for reverse and forward genetic experiments.
- High quality zebrafish husbandry.
- Access to a well-equipped facility.
- Embryo and adult fish production.
Please contact us at email@example.com for your inquiries.
A major goal for the GEZ facility is to offer latest technological solutions as well as already established methods adjusted to the specific needs of the academic world and biotechnology companies:
- Gene Expression Modifications:
- High-throughput CRISPR-Cas9 technology used to generate mutant zebrafish lines carrying site-specific gene indels, regulatory elements deletions or insertions,
- Loss-of-function experiments including mutant analysis, morpholino injection and inhibitor treatment,
- Generation of transgenic fish lines using Tol2/Gateway technology.
- Imaging techniques:
- Automated high-throughput brightfield and fluorescent microscopy of the 2-6 days post fertilization embryos using VAST BioImager (Union Biometrica) system,
- Zebrafish LightSheet microscopy (in collaboration with the Biovis facility).
- Chemical and drug screens.
- Cancer cells xenografts (method in development).