Services and Methods
The genome engineering zebrafish facility offers a wide range of services and we will help you through the entire course of your project. We offer:
- CRISPR/Cas9 induced loss of function zebrafish line generation in our selection of readout models.
- Development and analysis of CRISPR/Cas9 induced disease models.
- Possibility to involve specialists at all levels in individual projects.
- Access to a well equipped facility.
- Embryo and adult fish production.
- Project planning/management.
- Techniques for reverse and forward genetic experiments, as well as methods to visualize biological processes for extended periods in intact embryos.
- Zebrafish care-taking for specific strains.
- Weekly meetings, workshops and education.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your inquiries.
A major goal for the platform is to offer the most powerful tools available and we are always interesting in implementing new technology. The platform welcomes initiatives from the academic world and biotechnology companies to develop new methods in collaboration with the platform. We also encourage companies to contact us to include their existing products or services in the platforms offer.
Methods available at the facility include:
- Gene Expression Modifications:
- High-throughput CRISPR-Cas9 technology used to generate mutant zebrafish lines carrying site-specific gene alterations.
- Gain-of-function experiments - by DNA. RNA or protein injection.
- Loss-of-function experiments - by mutant analysis, morpholino injection and inhibitor treatment.
- Generation of transgenic fish lines using Tol2/Gateway technology.
- Targeted mutagenesis by TALENs.
- Imaging techniques - Zebrafish LightSheet microscopy, light and fluorescent microscopy.
- Automated Expression Analysis: Fully automated expression analysis in an Intavis InsituPro VSi in situ hybridisation/immunohistochemistry robot.
- Chemical screens